[ Back To HTI Compliance - 7 Steps ]
HTI Standards from HealthCare Tourism International
How do I view the HTI standards?
Our standards program is setup such that all organizations view the HTI Standards document and conduct their business according to these standards. In order to be eligible for standards, companies must apply for a free account on our patient portal web site. After gaining approval on our patient portal site, you can update your profile, pay your application fee and indicate whether your company operates according to HTI Standards.
HealthCare Tourism International provides standards to various companies that provide health tourism services. Organizations types that can apply for standards include:
What are the benefits of standards?
- Healthcare tourism operators/booking agencies/travel agencies, hospital concierge centers/desks
- Single or Chain-based Accommodation Units (hotels, resorts, bed & breakfasts, guesthouses, other hospital owned recovery suites/housing
Companies eligible for standards in the near future:
- Assisted home-living companies (home-nursing staffing companies, etc.)
- Ground Transport companies (companies providing transportation to patients, to/from hospital/airport)
- Translator / Conveyance Service companies (companies that help organize patientís activities such as treatment date with the hospital, and companies that provide language translation services)
- Airlines (companies that provide air transport to patients traveling abroad for healthcare tourism services)
- Insurance Providers (companies that provide payment to healthcare providers in return for health services provided to their member patients)
Who is eligible to follow HTI standards?
- Increase patient referral channels through our publications of companies distributed to vendors in developed countries.
- Get free binding arbitration patient dispute resolution services by our independent dispute team.
- Instill instant credibility in your health tourism company so that patients know your company operates with their interests in mind.
- Reach thousands of patients interested in traveling abroad for medical tourism, dental tourism and other health care services.
- Rely on standards to help protect your business during a patient dispute and achieve better customer outcomes.
- Reach a new level of standard in health tourism.
- Obtain a common positive voice for the international health tourism community.
- Get access to our organization's communication channel, which acts as a liaison between patient advocacy and health tourism groups and clinicians.
- Receive discounts to health tourism conferences and other networking events.
To advertise as HTI compliant, health tourism businesses must meet standards standards and these additional standards:
1. Health tourism businesses must be in business for at least six months and
2. in the case of unresolved patient or customer complaints, the accredited businesses must agree to participate in and comply with any decisions rendered through a formal dispute settlement process.
Companies that operate their businesses according to the HTI Standards may identify themselves in print and broadcast advertising (newspapers, periodicals, web sites, podcasts/video casts, billboards, posters, telephone, TV and radio ads, flyers and direct mail), in yellow page or other directories, on business cards, and on stationery, invoices, facsimile cover sheets and other business documents in any vicinity as allowed by local and international laws. Businesses may also display a HTI Business Safety decal or magnet on company-owned or -operated vehicles if they wish to certify compliance with the protocol.