1) How do I search?
2) What do I do if I don't find a healthcare tourism opportunity that fits my requirements?
3) What type of search terms are most useful?
Q. How do I search?
A. Simply visit our search page in our patients section and choose ANY COMBINATION of the options to search, click Search and any results will be displayed. It is important not to search by too many multiple options at the same time (i.e. healthcare tourism opportunity description and location) as this will return results that match ALL of the options you select and you will receive less results. Keep your search terms and the number of terms as small as possible.
Q. What do I do if I don't find a healthcare tourism opportunity that fits my requirements?
A. Check our web site again soon as we are updating and adding to our listing of health care healthcare tourism opportunities daily. We launched our site in January, 2006 so we are still in the process of adding more opportunities and getting the word out to healthcare tourism organizations. By the end of February, 2006 we already had hundreds of healthcare tourism opportunities. If you are searching by location, many locations in the world do not have healthcare tourism opportunities as our research shows that healthcare tourism opportunities tend to occur in specific parts of the world. This has resulted in many third world areas not having any healthcare tourism opportunities.
Q. What type of search terms are most useful?
A. Searching by location usually yields the best and most useful results.
- Organization Name: It is best to enter only part of the organization name. For instance, if an organization name is HealthCare For You, it may be best just to enter "HealthCare" or "You" or "For" instead of searching by "HealthCare For You".
- Often the best method of search is by procedure name. If entering a keyword it is better to search by location as most of our healthcare tourism opportunities are for health care professionals. Also, many of our organizations allow students but may not specify this in their healthcare tourism opportunity descriptions. You may have to email the organization to find out if certain procedures or services are offered, which may not specifically be listed on this web site.
- Country, Health Care Specialty, Religious Affiliation, searches: Certain locations and religions seem to have the most healthcare tourism-affiliated opportunities. If using these search functions be aware that many of procedures and religions will return no results, while a select few will return many results.
Still have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org